Tuesday, September 9, 2008

DLF decision to buy back good for the stock?

I don't know the exact reason why DLF decided to buy back shares in the open market and I really don't care since I believe it is a very good company and will continue to do well in future and, more importantly, I think it is available at great price. May be that's one reason why they want to buy back!

Anyhow, I am more interested in seeing if this has any impact on the stock price. Will it raise in the short term? Is it good for the investors who would like to hold on? I think the price could move up a little bit and also that it is good for the rest of the guys who like to keep invested as, obviously, there will be fewer number of shares and shareholders to trade in so there will be a big demand when the markets correct in the coming months.

But having said that I think one needs to keep an eye on DLF when the stock price reaches peak levels. Will they take that opportunity to sell off and make a gain? This is something that needs to be looked in the next 2-3 years time.

RK

Click here For Singapore Rentals

Click here to find a date

No comments: