Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Indian Stocks that I am currently watching!

I was in a dilemma earlier if I should sell or hold Satyam shares but had made a decision to let go go of them for a decent gain. Now with the money back in my account I am itching to make a buy.

The one mistake I had committed earlier was to buy everything in a single day for all the money that I had got. Now that I think I am maturing I made a decision not to buy in one go but do it in small lots - either in the same day if the prices are fluctuating too much or in subsequent days. I am implementing this approach with buying into DLF slowly but this is anyway for long term.

Ok, coming back from my approach bullshit, I am currently watching few stocks to buy for a short term. Pharma is doing well but I don't want to enter now as they are in the middle of an uptrend. IT is doing well but 25% of my portfolio is already in IT. I had invested in IT in late 2007 when no one bothered about them, they got beaten down further and even after the market interest my IT portfolio is still reeling in negative!!

Anyways coming back to the original topic, need to kick out the habit of digressing, I am focusing on the beaten down sectors or stocks now - ICICI, Maruti, Tata Motors, BHEL and L & T.

I have not made a choice yet and I wont rush into it. I will wait even if its going to take a week or 2 to find the right one ( that's bullshit!! Don't be surprised if you see a post in few hours stating that I made a mistake by rushing into something)

RK

No comments: