Monday, October 6, 2008

Valuable lessons taught by Stock Markets in 2008

As a novice to investing and still in my first year I truly believe that this period is teaching me valuable lessons in having ones patience and courage and also in not taking the markets for granted. This period showcases the risk that's inherent in investing in stocks which everyone seemed to have forgotten in the ensuing great bull run. In these dark days teachings or principles of Warren Buffet prove so correct. I mean his emphasis on preservation of capital as the most important aspect of investing.

My emotions keep varying during these days but I still drum up the courage to continue with my SIPs and I now tend to think that markets are now at the last phase of this bear run. Lets see whats in store for the rest of year.

RK

No comments: